Saturday, May 5, 2012

{puff stitch beanie}

This is probably my favorite adult hat that I have done so far. It's got the slouchy beanie awesomeness plus the puff stitch that gives it that little some special. This is the best explanation of the puff stitch that I have found, and if you can do a double crochet then you'll be able to do the puff stitch. Given I can't wear this until fall since we are already getting that lovely mid-west humidity, I still love it. Usually for hats I use softer yarn, such as the Caron simply soft brand, but with the puff stitch I have found it easier to make when using the Red Heart branded yarn. The Red Heart yarn is cheaper and not as soft as others but works great in this hat. Obviously I did not make the video as I am sure you can tell with her accent and I highly recommend watching her stuff on youtube, she is an awesome teacher when it comes to crochet. 

Happy crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment