Thursday, May 3, 2012

{crochet}



Other than this blog being about cameras and photography, I figured that I would mix it up a little bit more and blog about crochet. I have been crocheting only since November and I am a self taught crochet-er...is that even a word? I learned mostly for watching youtube....yes youtube! I plan on sharing some of the videos that I used to follow when I was just learning. And if you plan on starting to crochet do yourself a favor and start off SLOW. I tried to just jump in and start crocheting hats, wrong move! I highly suggest that if you are just starting out to just make a square. Make a medium sized chain and single crochet all the way down and back up. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqca00LdmAc 




From my experience with crochet a hat is one of the easiest things to make. You don't have to worry about your stitch being too tight or not tight enough, and for a beginner it is really easy to pick up. The following link will be a video that has 7 different tutorials in one. The more popular slouchy beanies, that I have made several of,  are also a part of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOS2KaUktpw


Happy crochet!



No comments:

Post a Comment